9.21.2009

Thankful.

Yesterday, Sunday, September 20th a good friend of mine was pushing me to take a pregnancy test. You see, I felt for the first cycle we hadn't had that good of timing, since ovulation caught me off guard (very early - rare!). And yesterday, I was only 9 days past ovulation, not even due for AF (aunt flo) for another 3-4 days.

But I gave in because, well, peeing on sticks is like a drug for me apparently. So I did my business, sat back down on the couch and looked at it a few minutes later. And there was the faintest positive ever. So faint that any normal human being would say it was negative and call me crazy. But I was determined! I put that puppy on the scanner, scanned it in and then Photoshopped it. Yes, I Photoshopped my pee stick. I'm not ashamed!

And even a Photoshopped pee stick, well this one, was still difficult to see the positive. But deep down, I knew it was happening. I denied it though, sure that I was seeing things, telling myself that this was our first cycle - we only have a 20% chance each cycle!

Later on yesterday evening, I peed again and this time, the naked eye (no Photoshop needed) could see the very faint line. I was in shock. I still am. I of course peed again this morning and bam, much darker. Oh my goodness.. this is happening!

Then began the debate - how do I tell my IPs? I knew I couldn't wait for long. After a lot of thought, I came up with something simple.



Their little baby boy or girl is due June 4th, 2010. Congratulations again to my wonderful IPs. I'm so excited for you! :D

2 comments:

Kayce Pearson said...

I am judging the Mommy Moment for Baby Making Machine -

Oh, my goodness, that is so exciting! I remember the day when I got my first BFP, it was so exciting!

Great post!

Kayce

Future Mama said...

Awww!! Congrats!! I can't wait to see a BFP!! Don't worry.. I'll probably be photoshopping my pee stick too! (And yes, using them is like a drug!)

Post a Comment